1. All Contractors Are Not Created Equal
Competence and ethics differentiate reputable AC contractors from dishonest and untrustworthy AC contractors, it's important to seek out these characteristics when choosing your contractor.
2. Know How Long the Company Has Been in Business
When grading companies, the Better Business Bureau considers the number of years a company has been in operation.
3. Ask Questions About the Company
- Are you licensed to do AC and heating work in Florida?
- Do you have 24-hour emergency service?
- How can I identify your technicians?
- Do you have a non-residential place of business?
- Can you provide feedback from satisfied customers in my neighborhood?
4. Just because a company sells name-brand units doesn’t mean they’re a quality company.
Comfort isn’t just about selling an expensive unit, it’s about insuring you have the most appropriate unit and/or service for your home.
5. If you’re not asked a lot of questions about your home and existing unit, you’re probably not dealing with a reputable AC company.
Questions are key to 100% customer satisfaction.
6. Don’t trade quality for low cost.
Remember that age-old saying, you get what you pay for. Mama didn’t say that for nothing.
7. Never work with an AC company that wants payment in cash only!
This is a great way to get scammed. There’s no paper-trail or record of purchase.
8. Don’t purchase a unit over the phone or online.
Would you buy a house unseen over the phone or online? (We hope you answered no). Purchasing an HVAC unit over the phone is like buying a house without an inspection.
9. It sounds too good to be true
If it seems like a utopian deal, it probably is. Always be on the look out for shady characters!
10. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.
Trust your instincts. A reputable AC company looks, talks, and walks with knowledge and professionalism.