It is more important than ever to make sure that the people you invite into your home are honest and trustworthy. Here are some ways in which you can protect yourself and avoid getting scammed.
Here at Tri County Air, we take the privilege to serve you very seriously. After hearing from our customers about how they have encountered scams throughout the years, we thought it was about time to inform everyone of exactly what you should avoid.
Please enjoy the short slideshow below for more information on how to prevent an a/c scam.
How to Prevent an AC Scam | Air Conditioning | HVAC from Tri County Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc.
- Beware: Anything Unsolicited - Hang up the phone if you are ever unsure, don't allow someone into your home who drives an unmarked vehicle or does not have a uniform, it is a red-flag if a technician comes to your home and does not have any paperwork
- Beware: Free/Low Cost Repairs - If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
- How to Combat Scams - Check out their business online (look at reviews and the years they have been in service), ask questions (ask the technician how they get paid: hourly vs commission), ask your friends and family who they recommend.
- Always Get a 2nd Opinion! - It could save you thousands of dollars
- Important to Remember - Tri County Air NEVER contracts work out to other companies. Our technicians are our employees and they perform ALL of our services under our name (maintenance, service, sales, install, etc.). If another company ever tells you that we have contracted our work out to them, they are lying. We don't contract our work out to anyone, ever.
If you have found this information helpful, please share it with your friends and family. It is important to remember that this could happen to anyone, regardless of where they live.
And remember...ALWAYS get a 2nd opinion!